Cascade Recycling CenterToday, as natural resources become scarcer and manufacturing costs rise, recycling is more important than ever. That is why Waste Management is making recycling easier than ever. We're working to find the most efficient and forward-thinking approach to waste. With the help of citizens like you, all of us can help protect the environment and improve the quality of life on the planet we share.
If you live or work in Puget Sound, it is more than likely that your recyclables are collected and sent to the Cascade Recycling Center (CRC) in Woodinville Washington. The WM sorting system allows for residents and businesses to combine all of their recyclables easily in one container. Paper, metals, glass and plastic bottles are collected together and specially designed technology and quality control employees sort the materials and create bales of various commodities ready for shipment. This sets the process in motion all over again; just about everything that comes into Cascade Recycling Center goes out for a second life. It is a continuous loop of sustainability.
- CRC opened in September, 2003
- The facility is 82,000-square feet on 6.25 acres
- The CRC handles recyclables collected from over 250,000 households in Western Washington
- The CRC processes 12,000 tons of commingled recyclables and 4,000 tons of construction and demolition materials every month
- A small percentage of the material that comes into the center is disposed of as garbage
- The CRC is open for public tours, to request a tour, click here
Monday - Friday: 5:30am to 5:00 pm
The facility is not open to public drive-in customers but is open to commercial customers.
Tours of the recycling center are available to customers and community groups on a limited basis. Request a tour