Newberg Transfer Station2904 S Wynooski St
Newberg, OR 97132
Open to the public Monday-Saturday 8:00am-5:00pm
Some materials are accepted for free at this facility; other materials are accepted for a fee.
All loads must be secured and tarped to prevent accidental litter and highway hazards.
A fee of $5.00 - $15.00 will be charged for an unsecured or untarped load, by order of Yamhill County.
- Use a tarp that will completely cover your trailer or truck bed. At least four inches should overlap the sides, front and back of your load.
- Tightly secure the tarp with ropes, bungee cords, netting or straps.
- Put lighter items at the bottom of the load.
- When transporting large items, make sure they are tied down and secured to the truck or trailer so they don't move.
- Don't overload — keep material level with the truck bed or trailer.
- Before leaving the transfer station, remove any loose material that may remain in the trailer or truck bed.
NOTICE - All demolition debris loads must comply with DEQ asbestos rules and regulations.|
The Oregon DEQ now requires an owner or operator to have an accredited inspector perform an asbestos survey before demolishing a residential building built prior to January 1, 2004. More information is available on the DEQ website.
|MATERIALS AND FEES - Effective July 1, 2017|
Up to 500 lbs per yard
|$16.80 First yard|
Includes sheetrock, roofing & wood, up to 900 lbs per yard
|$24.20 per yard|
Includes rubble, dirt, concrete, asphalt, masonry & brick, creosote-timber-railroad ties (no more than 10 ties), over 900 lbs per yard
|$32.80 per yard|
Loose Yard Debris
Up to 300 lbs per yard
|$12.30 per yard|
|Yard Debris Bag||$2.45|
|Motorcycle Tires||$0.75 Off rim||$1.55 On rim|
|Passenger Tires||$3.30 Off rim||$4.90 On rim|
|Truck Tires||$8.80 Off rim||$17.10 On rim|
|Appliances - No Freon||$8.10 With motor||FREE No motor|
|Appliances - With Freon||$36.00|
|Propane & Compressed Gas Tanks||$4.10 5lbs and under||$7.18 Over 5lbs|
|Fluorescent Light Tubes||$1.28 4ft and under||$2.56 Over 4ft|
|Glass Bottles and Jars||FREE|
Limit of 7 gallons
|Clean Mixed Recyclables|
All of these materials can be mixed and recycled together at no charge.
Clean paper and cardboard
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Paper Bags
- Cereal, cracker & shoe boxes
- Paper egg cartons
- Notebook paper, computer paper, file folders, stationery
- Wrapping paper (No foil, plastic coating or tape)
- Shredded paper (place in a paper bag or paper envelope)
- Milk and juice cartons
- Soup and broth cartons
- Yogurt-type plastic tubs (6 oz. or larger)
- Rigid plant pots (4 in. or larger)
- Buckets (5 gal or smaller)
- All plastic bottles and plastic jugs
- Metal cans. Place the lid inside the can and crimp shut to hold the lid inside.
- Aluminum foil and trays
- Empty aerosol cans
- Small Scrap Metal Pieces (No larger than 30 inches. Weight limit 30 pounds.)
All computers, TVs, laptops and monitors are banned from disposal as garbage in Oregon. Electronics are accepted for recycling at the Newberg Transfer Station.
Sharps containers are available for purchase at the scale house at the Newberg Transfer Station.
Two sizes are available:
- 1 gallon - $12.30
- 2 gallon - $17.94
Paper shredding services are available at the Newberg Transfer Station for $7.18 per brown paper grocery bag.
Paint is not accepted at the Newberg Transfer Station. For recycling locations and additional information, visit www.paintcare.org
Yamhill County Solid Waste sponsors two Household Hazardous Waste Events each year. These events are held on the third weekend of May and October. There will be one event held in Newberg in May and one event held in McMinnville in October. Both events are open to all Yamhill County residents, at no charge.
For more information on household hazardous waste and these events, please visit the Yamhill County Solid Waste website. www.ycsw.org
For information on disposing of Commercial Hazardous Waste, please call Yamhill County Solid Waste at 503-434-7445.
The Following Materials Are Not Accepted