wmnorthwest.com home

City of Troutdale

WM Northwest

Yard Debris Collection

Your yard debris is collected weekly in a 60 gallon roll cart. Yard debris is collected every week on the same day as garbage.

You can set out your 60-gallon yard debris roll cart, one Kraft paper yard debris bag (no plastic bags, please), or one bundle (prunings limited to 4" diameter and 36" length) of yard trimmings every week for no extra charge. Any additional cans or bags or bundles are $4.40 each.

For the safety of our drivers, please have all limbs cut or trimmed so that they do not stick out above the rim of the container.

Don't have garbage service? A one-year subscription for 60 gallon roll cart service for yard debris only is available.

Item Weight Limit
Yard Debris Bag Weight Limit 45 lbs.
32 Gallon Can Weight Limit 60 lbs.
Yard Waste Bundle Weight Limit 45 lbs.
60 Gallon Roll Cart Weight Limit 120 lbs.

On Pickup Day

  • Place materials at the curb (not in the street) by 6 am on your pickup day.

  • Do not use plastic bags, recycling carts or bins, plastic liners or regular garbage cans for yard waste.

  • Place your yard waste loosely in the cart so that it falls freely when emptied.

  • Tie bundles with string or twine. Bundles must be no larger than one foot by three feet.

  • If you provide your own 32-gallon can for yard waste, place a yard waste sticker on the side of the can. Make sure the sticker faces the street when you place your can out for collection.

    If you need us to mail you a yard debris sticker, please contact our office at 503-249-8078 or email WM Customer Service.
WM Northwest Curbside yard debris includes:

  • Leaves
  • Weeds
  • Grass clippings
  • Branches*
  • Prunings*
  • Items from your garden

    * No greater than 4" in diameter and 36" long

  • Curbside yard debris does not include:

    • Dirt
    • Stumps
    • Metal
    • Food waste
    • Sod
  • Lumber
  • Ashes
  • Household garbage
  • Rocks
  • Plastic
  • Animal waste

  • Yard Waste Exemption Program

    Residential customers may request exemption from curbside yard debris collection if they:

    • Compost or use yard debris for on-site land application or

    • Retain a business that

      (a) hauls their yard debris to a state approved processor and
      (b) is licensed to conduct business within the City
    Customers who comply with all terms of the yard debris collection exemption agreement may apply for an exemption from yard debris collection. If the exemption is approved, they will have the monthly cost of yard debris collection deducted from their bills.

    Contact WM at 503-249-8078 for an application form for yard debris exemption.

    WM Green Yard Waste Cart

    Click here to download - Collection Guidelines

    Residential Multifamily Commercial WM Facebook WM YouTube WM Twitter