Commercial Compost CollectionWhy Compost?
Waste Management wants to help your business reduce that waste through compost collection. Instead of sending more waste to the landfill, our service turns it into nutrient-rich compost for healthy gardens. And choosing Waste Management composting may save you money!
Free Start-Up Kit for New Compost Customers
All businesses are eligible for free starter kits that include everything your business needs to kickoff compost collection, including:
- Free indoor collection containers
- Educational posters and decals
- Staff training and assistance
Important Changes to Our Compost Program
Yard debris can no longer be included in the compost collection. All of the materials collected in the compost program are now going to an anaerobic digestion facility that cannot process yard debris. Yard debris includes all grass, leaves, garden trimmings and branches. Floral trimmings from the soil level up are acceptable as long as there are no root-balls, soil or woody materials.
If you are generating yard debris, you may discard it by:
- Setting up yard debris service. WM can provide you with a separate container for you to collect yard debris that will be taken to a compost facility. Please call us to discuss service levels and volumes.
- Placing yard debris in your garbage container.