Newberg Transfer Station
Newberg, OR 97132
Open to the public Monday - Saturday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Some materials are accepted for free at this facility; other materials are accepted for a fee.
All loads must be secured and tarped to prevent accidental litter and highway hazards.
A fee of $5.00 - $15.00 will be charged for an unsecured or untarped load, by order of Yamhill County.
- Use a tarp that will completely cover your trailer or truck bed. At least four inches should overlap the sides.
- Tightly secure the tarp with ropes, bungee cords, netting or straps.
- Put lighter items at the bottom of the load.
- When transporting large items, make sure they are tied down and secured to the truck or trailer so they don't move.
- Don't overload - keep material level with the truck bed or trailer.
- Before leaving the transfer station, remove any loose material that may remain in the trailer or truck bed.
NOTICE - All demolition debris loads must comply with DEQ asbestos rules and regulations.|
The Oregon DEQ now requires an owner or operator to have an accredited inspector perform an asbestos survey before demolishing a residential building built prior to January 1, 2004. More information is available on the DEQ website.
*Non-putrescible (C&D) waste is subject to screening by an attendant for asbestos containing material (ACM). An ACM survey could be required of the customer to ensure suspect materials does not contain asbestos.
|MATERIALS AND FEES - Effective July 1, 2019|
Light, Loose items
Medium weight debris
Sod, Roofing, Rock, Asphalt
Heavy Equipment / Tractor
May be more based on size.
Appliances with Freon/Coolent:
Freezer, Refrigerator, Wine Cooler, Water Cooler, Dehumidifier, any cooling system
Appliances with Motor:
Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Dryer (with Motor)
Appliance without Motor:
Microwave, Stove, Water Heater, Dryer (no Motor)
Fluorescent Light Tubes
|Glass Bottles and Jars|
Limit of 7 gallons
|Clean Mixed Recyclables|
All of these materials can be mixed and recycled together at no charge.
Clean paper and cardboard (Clean and Dry)
- Magazines & Catalogs
- Telephone Books
- Paper Bags
- Cereal, cracker & shoe boxes
- Cardboard boxes
- Notebook paper, computer paper, file folders, stationery
- Wrapping paper (No foil, plastic coating or tape)
- All plastic bottles and plastic jugs
- Metal cans. Place the lid inside the can and crimp shut to hold the lid inside.
- Aluminum foil and trays
- Empty aerosol cans
- Small Scrap Metal Pieces (No larger than 30 inches. Weight limit 30 pounds.)
- Mix all colors. Labels OK.
- Do not include light bulbs, window glass, vases or drinking glasses
- Hazardous waste
- Sewage or Sludge
- Liquid / Paint
- Dead animals
- Layered / Built Up Roofing
- Explosives / Ammo
- Anything Labeled Danger, Hazardous, Harmful, etc.
All computers, TVs, laptops and monitors are banned from disposal as garbage in Oregon.
Bring working or non-working laptops, computers, computer monitors and peripherals (keyboards, mice, printers etc.) for free recycling.
Sharps containers are available for purchase at the scale house at the Newberg Transfer Station.
Two sizes are available:
- 1 gallon - $14.22
- 2 gallon - $28.44
Paper shredding services are available at the Newberg Transfer Station for $8.30 per brown paper grocery bag.
Paint is not accepted at the Newberg Transfer Station. For recycling locations and additional information, visit www.paintcare.org
For recycling options for materials not accepted at the transfer station, visit www.oregonmetro.gov/findarecycler.
Yamhill County Solid Waste sponsors two Household Hazardous Waste Events each year. These events are held on the third weekend of May and October. There will be one event held in Newberg in May and one event held in McMinnville in October. Both events are open to all Yamhill County residents, at no charge.
For more information on household hazardous waste and these events, please visit the Yamhill County Solid Waste website. www.ycsw.org
For information on disposing of Commercial Hazardous Waste, please call Yamhill County Solid Waste at 503-434-7516.